The Praga R1 is a cleverly engineered design based on extensive experience in the field of motor racing.
The basic design philosophy is as follows:
• No compromise in terms of safety. Full carbon, carbon crash box at the front and side panels to ensure maximum absorption of crash energy. Successfully passed the FIA crash test.
• Low weight: 572kg (excl. fluids)
• Reliable, affordable parts from renowned suppliers in the field of motor racing. This results in low running costs. Renault (engine), Hewland (gearbox), AP Racing (braking system), Koni (shock absorbers), Sachs (racing clutch), Pectel (ECU).
•Most repairs can be done fast and at an affordable price.
Vehicle weight 572kg (excl. fluids)
Weight/bhp ratio: 2.7kg/bhp
• Full carbon monocoque
• Maximum passive safety. Successfully passed the FIA crash test.
• Renault F4R, two litre atmospheric four-cylinder. Dry sump. 210bhp at 7,500 Revs per minute.
• Longitudinal mid engine
Transmission: Hewland JFR, sequential six speed
Wheel suspension – undercarriage:
• ‘Double wishbone’ independent front and rear wheel suspension
• Pushrod operated Koni shock absorbers
• Front / rear stabilizer bar
Braking system: AP Racing ventilated discs, brake caliper with 4 pistons
Steering-mechanism: rack and pinion
Fuel tank: ATL, 65 litres
• Front: 8 x 15
• Rear: 10.5 x 16
L x B x H: 4170 x 1800 x 995 mm